Commercial or residential, roofs aren’t eternal. Indeed, many elements contribute to their wear and tear through the years. Has it been a while since your last roof inspection? In this case, some noticeable or not-so-noticeable problems could force you to start roof renovations to avoid a (costly) complete reroofing. We are the pros in roof installation.
How do I know if my roof needs to be repaired or completely replaced? Only a certified roofer contractor can give you the exact diagnostic about the state of your commercial or residential roof. During an inspection, he will check a plethora of details that could escape your attention:
- Are the shingles flaky, wavy or discolored?
- Are there any traces of water infiltration?
- Are ventilation conduits fouled?
- Are the chimneys intact?
- Are the flashings damaged?
- Are the gutters or the drains clogged by dead leaves or other debris?
- Is the structure bending or collapsing under the weight of the ice and the snow?
- Are the metallic elements (such as nails) missing, rusty or corroded?
- Is there vegetation (such as moss)?
- Is the multilayer membrane torn or damaged by the sun?
- Have animals or insects made their nests on the roof?
Thanks to his eagle eyes, an experienced roofer can determine if roof renovations can be done or if it needs replacing. Get informed about our preventative inspection service — this could make you save big! Your inspection report says renovations need to be done? No worries! Our teams of experts can repair the following roof types:
- Asphalt shingle roofs (our specialty!);
- Asphalt and gravel roofs;
- Elastomeric membrane roofs.
At AP Toitures Et Fils Inc., professional roofers serving customers in Montreal, the West Island and the neighboring sectors, we have been renovating roofs for more than 30 years. If your house’s or your business’ roof needs repairs, you can count on us 12 months per year and 24 hours per day. Contact us!