As well as protect you from the elements, your roof helps regulate the temperature of your home. With the arrival of fall and colder temperatures also comes an increase in windy days, which could cause important damage to your home. Fall is the perfect moment to check the state of your roof, before the arrival of snow and the famous Canadian winter. Here are some tips concerning the maintenance of your roof.
Roof inspection after strong winds
The day after a storm or after a particular windy day, it’s recommend to visually inspect your roof to pinpoint any potential problem as fast as possible.
If your roof has many levels to it, you’ll need to use a ladder to properly see all of it. In this case, we strongly recommend you getting help from our experts so that everything can be done in a safe fashion. We offer an inspection service, to avoid you any eventual injuries from trying to do it yourself. The inspection of your roof should be done yearly, just before winter.
Know that even if a single shingle flew off during strong winds, it’s enough to allow water infiltrations. This is why it’s important to not wait and to have your shingles replaced as soon as possible. Moreover, future winds will lift up the surrounding shingles easier.
What to do after your roof is damaged
You looked at your roof and noticed that some shingles are missing? Don’t panic! Follow these steps to know what to do before having your roof repaired:
- The first thing to do would be to take pictures of the damage and to evaluate approximately how many shingles are to be replaced. Also check if any shingles are on your yard, this will give you a good overview of the severity of the works.
- Once you’ll have a good idea of the outside damages, check the damages from the inside of your home. Is there signs of water infiltration from your attic? Can you see daylight through your roof?
- Then, call upon a professional service to evaluate the cost associated with having your asphalt shingle roof repaired. Our team can come to you to proceed to its inspection!
- Depending on the extent of the problem, contact your insurance provider. They will be able to cover part of the damages.
Roof repairs with AP Toitures & fils: a wise choice
At AP Toitures & fils, your satisfaction and your peace of mind are our priorities.
Here are some benefits to do business with us:
- No deposit is required before the works. You only pay when the installation is complete.
- After 30 years in the field, roofs don’t hold any secrets from us anymore! Throughout the years, we found the most reliable and durable methods and materials to offer you a superior quality service.
- Your roof wasn’t initially done with us? No problem! Our team works with all shingle types on the market. We are a proud distributor of BP Canada.
- Your roof repairs will be done in a single day. No need to monopolize your weekend, our team works efficiently and professionally!
Know that it is possible to submit an online quote on our website. Thanks to our professionalism and the quality of our services, you’re ensured state-of-the-art work, at a competitive price! Whether it’s for a single family home, a condo, a townhouse or even a self-built house, we have the solution for you. Don’t wait for snow to start falling, schedule an appointment with our team!